This is the schedule for the 2019 Time Trials. Not all the dates and details are settled yet, so watch this page for updates. NEW FOR 2019: two road-bike only events and separate rankings for road bike users. Read below the schedule for the rules.
Please note the sign-on times and do so as early as possible on the night and no later than 15 minutes before the first rider sets off (30 minutes after sign on opens). There is a small fee of £3 per ride, £1 of which goes to the club for trophies and medals, and £2 per rider to the CTT (The National Governing Body For Cycling Time Trials). Juniors pay £1 (the club pays a further £1 to the CTT). You do not need to be a club member to take part in time trials – any member of a CTT affiliated club can ride our TTs, so all other local club members are welcome.
Please contact Chris Parker for more information.
To qualify for road-bike only events, the bike and rider must meet all the following conditions:
– No aerobars, clip-on aerobars or aero extensions can be used
– Hands must be holding the handlebars at all times while racing (ie. not with forearms resting on the handlebar).
– Legs must only be covered to mid calf.
– Wheels may have no more than 90mm depth and must have at least 12 spokes.
– Helmets must have no visor.
– Ears must not be covered by the helmet. In addition, the use of a Giro Aerohead helmet will not be permitted.
– Road bike helmets with covers or sliding panels etc are ok.
– Officials at the TT events have the final say on whether or not a bike is a TT or road bike – basically, don’t take the mickey.
Note the maximum rim depth of 90mm.